Brain Development Study May Provide Some Help for Educators (PDF)
brainhq.com/2000/09/20/brain- development-study-may-provide- some-help-for-educators
- The Evolution of Language
- Finding a Voice: Perspectives on Language Acquisition
- Speech, Language, and Reading—The Dana Guide (PDF)
By Day 3:
Post the following:
- Describe two or more ideas that you found of particular interest about language development as it relates to the brain (e.g., research findings about language acquisition, specific examples of how language is learned). Be sure to cite your source(s).
- Then, share your ideas about how this information might help you and others in the field of child development work more effectively with children, families, or educators of young children
Preview of the answer..
From the research findings, I discovered that the most efficient time for a child to learn second language is between 6 and 13 years. The reason behind this aspect is that a child’s language systems tend to develop rapidly at this age. Once a child is past the age of 13, there is a sharp cutoff in the growth of the brain areas dealing with language. As a result of this, the pre-pubescent years are the most ideal in acquiring a new langue among kids. However, these findings do not imply that..
APA 420 words