Marx, Durkheim and Weber theories Comparison
- Compare and contrast three theories(Marx, Durkheim, and Weber) approach to the role of ideas in shaping social actions.
- Assess the place and interaction of rational and non-rational factors in creating social change in Marx, Durkheim, and Weber’s works.
- Highlight and discuss those parts of in three of our theorists (Marx, Durkheim and Weber) works that allow for the realization of the Enlightenment perspective on freedom and reason in modern society.
- Compare and contrast the explanations given by three of our theoris(Marx, Durkheim, and Weber) for discontent in modern society.
- Assess the strengths and weakness in Marx, Weber, and Durkheim’s theories. What are the central insights in their works you find useful?
Each question need to be answered in a small 5 paragraphs essay separately , (intro, 3 body paragraphs and conclusion) . A thesis statement need to be put in the intro. every point that be made in the essay, if possible, need to be located in their original work. For example, in question #4, in his work ” Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts” “Estranged Labor” shows Marx sees class struggle as a form of discontent.
Feel free to look for hints everywhere, but only books that were written by Marx, Durkheim, or Weber need to be quoted. For example the following:
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts,
The Communist Manifesto
Division of Labor in Society
Emile Durkheim, Suicide: A Study in Sociology
Max Weber, The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism
. I also uploaded a very useful comparison article that I found on google as a sample of potential source bank
sociology theories Marx weber durkheim
Comparison Marx, Durkheim, and Weber Theories to Shaping Social Action
Karl Marx adopted a struggle and tension perspective as the stimuli to social change and the major instigator of social growth. His argument was molded on the argument that conflict and struggle act as powerful instruments in creating class struggle, which allowed for the definitive division of labor, and in turn led to a functioning production system that provided for………………
APA 2642 words