Training for Safety
- Refer to Chapter 12:Working with Labor Unions https://open.lib.umn.edu/humanresourcemanagement/part/chapter-12-working-with-labor-unions/ and Chapter 13:Safety and Health at Work https://open.lib.umn.edu/humanresourcemanagement/part/chapter-13-safety-and-health-at-work/ .
- Select one topic of interest from either Chapter 12 or Chapter 13.
- Locate a current article from a peer-reviewed or popular journal (e.g., Time, Business Week), or credible newspaper (i.e., Wall Street Journal) that helps to broaden your understanding of the topic from a current perspective.
- In addition to the research article, consider your personal knowledge and experience, and additional relevant resources to facilitate writing a scholarly, well-developed paper about the selected topic.
- Read the article; then complete a paper 600-700 words in length on the topic of interest based on the article. However, be sure to also include learning from Human Resource Management https://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks/textbooks/human-resource-management as well as personal experience with the topic, as applicable. One good example for a current topic could be how a union works in the current workplace. The paper should include your opinion on the accuracy of the article as well as any insight or added information you feel would be beneficial. Include an APA formatted heading and full paragraph for each of the following:
- Introduction statement
- Explanation of topic discussed
- Brief summary of the article
- Why the topic (and/or article) is relevant to human resource management
- Your opinion/analysis on the topic
- Conclusion or questions for the future
- The article may be retrieved through IWU’s Off-Campus Library Services (OCLS) site: Off Campus Library Services home page. Good databases to start with are Business Source Complete or ABI/INFORM Complete. Look under Article Database, Business.
- The 500-800 word paper is to be written in APA format with proper mechanics (i.e., sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spelling). A title page and reference page are required but not included in the word count. The paper should be written as a professional report with at least one paragraph and an APA heading for each of the questions, as identified above. Do not include the questions in the paper. For questions on APA Style, go to OCLS APA Writing Styles Guides.
apa 725 words