New Policy on Email and Internet Use
Please see the bottom of page 146 – top of page 147, Task 4.7, in the Activities section of Chapter 4.
- Read the assignment carefully.
- You will be doing this assignment on your own, rather than as a member of a team.
Please complete the following tasks:
- Read the e-mail message contained in 4.7 carefully.
- Identify the writer’s purpose–what is she trying to accomplish?
- List the problems presented by the writer’s style, tone, and lack of audience awareness.
- These problems produce a huge obstacle to achieving the purpose of the e-mail.
- Re-write the email message, so that the new version reflects a more audience-centered, courteous, and professional approach, while still achieving its important purpose.
- Limit your assignment to one page!
- Your email should NOT be a “rough draft.”
- Rather, it should be as near to complete as possible and should be a document you would give to your supervisor to review
Attached: Email and Internet Policy
Dear Staff Members,
It has come to the attention of my office that some of our esteemed members have been using E-mail and the Internet for personal reasons during company work hours. In this regard, the company is implementing a new E-mail and Internet Policy, which will be effective immediately, because such a policy will provide the necessary guidelines on this matter.
I wish to note that company gives you the right to use these resources for essential and responsible personal reasons. However, E-mail and Internet usage available to a staff..
APA 288 words