Obesity and Eating Disorders
Analyze and explain the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating.
Write a response of at least 450 words that explains the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic and eating disorders. Address the following:
- Describe the risks associated with excess body fat.
- Discuss at least five factors that influence the obesity epidemic.
- Assess the various techniques for measuring body fat.
- Explain the various strategies for weight loss.
- What are some health problems
- associated with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder? Explain how each of the eating disorders mentioned may lead to health problems. What are the treatment options for these disorders?
Include references with citations in APA format.
references and cite
According to gastroenterologist Salt (2016), average persons gain at least one pound of fat and lose one-half pound of muscle each year beginning at age twenty, unless one makes a lifestyle change. Excess body fat risks one to suffering from diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, arthritis, gallstones, respiratory problems, sleep apnea and some cancers such as the breast and the uterus known as the endometrium. Some of the disease mentioned are known causes of death, for instance, the stroke which is third leading in the United States. Too much body fat can also lead to depression due to an inefficient response of the brain to stress as well as psychological factors, for example, lowered self-esteem due to the physical appearance of being ‘fat.’….
APA 710 words