This paper is a combination of summary and critical assessment. Need to discuss Darwin’s theory of human nature.
- The CAP must be written only on the subject/assesment of Darwin’s theory of human nature.
- Must be between 1750 – 2000 words in length.
- Must be double spaced, 12 point type and 1 inch margins and follow MLA formatting guidelines.
- Must write the paper using your own critical thinking, imagination and ideas.
- So, minimize the use of quotes or citations in your paper. Where possible, use your own words to summarize.
The CAP must include two parts of roughly equal length. The first part is summary. Summarize the main features or aspects of the theory.
The second part is your own original insight and/or critical analysis of the theory. In this section you will:
- Identify and explain weaknesses or shortcomings of the theory.
- What features do you think the theory gets right and what does it get wrong? Explain.
- Identify and explain important implications of accepting the theory.
- Analyze the implications of the theory for humanity, society, morality, religion, politics, culture and so forth.
- Overall, aim at providing a charitable but critical assessment of this philosophy.
Key point: “A” level work is well-written, clear, thorough and accurate. It contains original thought, critical thinking and demonstrates superior knowledge of the subject.
preview of the answer..
Before Darwin came up with his theory on human nature, scientists in the 18th and 19th centuries had already realized that the world was far much older than the assumptions of Judeo-Christian religions. What Darwin simply realized was that evolution was as a result of natural selection. However, Darwin came up with this theory as a result of analyzing Lamarck’s theory. According to this theory, animal characteristics are usually acquired. For example if an animal stretched its neck in order to get to food, it passed its long neck to its offspring (Caroll et al, 2011) …
1711 words APA