pick an example from your own childhood play experience and analyze it.
Chapter 5 talks about the importance of play, theories, characteristics, play types, and adult’s role in facilitating childhood play. You read your textbook, watched the videos in the lecture section, and also read Vivian Paley’s story about Hurricanes and Howling Wolves. Based on the information, pick an example from your own childhood play experience and analyze it. Use the following questions to guide your reflection:
- Describe your childhood play experience.
- How old were you?
- What type of play was exhibited? (Guidance: 6th Ed-Pages 129-132, 5th Ed-Pages 129-133)
- What did you and the other children involved in the play, if any, learn from the play? (Guidance: 6th Ed-Pages 133-141 or 5th Ed-Pages 133-141)
- Was there any adult involved and if yes, what involvement did he or she have?
- What thought(s) do you have when comparing your childhood play with the play in the different cultures? What do you learn from the comparison?