Political Culture of Alternative Politics
Option #2: What is the Political Culture of “Alternative Politics?”
Read the Cohen article, “Solving Problems Informally: The Influence of Israel’s Political Culture on the Public Policy Process, assigned for this week, and respond to the following:
- What is the political culture of “alternative politics?”
- How is “alternative politics” used in the Israeli political process?
- What is your assessment of alternative politics?
- Write a formal essay 3 pages in length, complete with citations from at least two outside academic sources from the CSU-Global Library to support your findings.
- Cite these on a separate page at the end of the essay and include a title page at the beginning.
- Always follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA style and review the library material concerning APA style before turning in this assignment.
What is the political culture of “alternative politics?”
Alternative politics is an approach that deviates from the conventional governmental processes in a bid to satisfy the unprivileged citizens who engage the powerful or influential individuals familiar to them to help them meet their needs through political shortcuts. According to Cohen (2013), the citizens adopt a “do-it-yourself” strategy because they lack faith in the government system. Therefore, alternative politics is an informal strategy through which the citizens bypass formal government rules to influence the decisions of the government officials to be in their favor. This political culture is evident in non-Western societies such as Israel, Brazil, and China but Western societies also practice it discretely. In the democratic or Western countries, it is majorly regarded as corruption……….
APA 875 words