Power in Organizations
As you have read in this week’s required readings, there are three fundamental sources of power (or five when you look at expert and referent power) in any organization. Choose an organization you have worked for or researched and analyze the forms of power.
- Which of the sources of power is officially recognized by senior leadership?
- What are the reasons for the dominance of this form of power in your organization?
- Would a different form of power be more effective? Defend your choice.
- Your paper should be -5 double-spaced pages including introduction and conclusion.
- Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references. Incorporate two scholarly references
- In-text citation used throughout the assignment and APA-formatted reference list.
- Please no plagiarismand sources should not be older than 5 years.
- Include headingsorganize the content in your work.
Please Note: Do not use the sources below because they are the required readings and should not include in the paper.
- Daum, K. (2013, September 30). 8 Tips for empowering employees. Retrieved from https://www.inc.com/kevin-daum/8-tips-for-empoweri…
- Dhyan, D. (2014, December 11). Role of politics power and perception in an organization[Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/M5Co8DAF0mw
- MindTools. (n.d.). French and Raven’s five forms of power: Understanding where power comes from in the workplace. Retrieved from https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_56….
- Wright, J. L. (2015, January 11). 21 laws by John Maxwell: Law #12: Empowerment [Video file]. Retrieved from
10 Powerful Ways To Empower Your Employees https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucekasanoff/2016/03…
The Difference between Leaders and Politicians
- Sniechowski, J. (2013, November 30). The difference between leaders and politicians. Retrieved fromhttps://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20131130020040-8581…
- Goldberg, S. (2015, February 24). Managing time for effective delegation & employee empowerment [Video file]. Retrieved from
APA 1529 words