Given the hypothesis high employee satisfaction is correlated with low employee absenteeism, address the following in your paper this week:
- Identify the variables in this study. What are some extraneous variables that might impact your research? How would you control for extraneous variables?
- Which research design would you use to study this hypothesis and why?
- What data collection techniques would you use to study this hypothesis and why?
- Assuming that you get a correlation of r = -.70, what does this tell you about the strength and direction of the correlation between satisfaction and absenteeism?
- What are some potential problems you might encounter, and what strategies would you use to minimize these problems?
- Use APA standards.
For this assignment and all Dropbox assignments, you are required to cite, at a minimum, the online course and the textbook for the course. Additional sources are welcome. Scholarly sources are preferred and can be found through Argosy University online library resources. Please see the Library and Tutoring Services section under Course Home to use Argosy University online library resources. Additional, non-scholarly sources from reputable Web and print sources are also acceptable. For reputable Web sources, look for .org, .net, or .edu sites as opposed to .com sites. Avoid Wikipedia.
preview of the answer..
Given a study on the relationship between job satisfaction and absenteeism, the definition of the variables in the study would form the first step towards the completion of the given research. Given the variables, the researcher is able to determine the method of study that would be appropriate for the given research in addition to the same helping him or her write own the relationship between the two in a mathematical format for ease of understanding. In the study, the variables would be the subjects under investigation; job satisfaction and absenteeism. Just as the case would be with any other research model there …
589 words APA