shadow health patient interview
Assignment: Health History – The Art of History Taking and Putting All Together w/Information Processing – Unit 2-3
Please refer to your Shadow Health Platform.
This Comprehensive Assessment provides the opportunity to plan and conduct a full health assessment on a patient in a single clinic visit.
After completing this Shadow Health Assessment the student should be able to:
- Document accurately and appropriately:
- Document subjective data using professional terminology.
- Document objective data using professional terminology.
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills:
- Use clinical reasoning to plan the organization of a comprehensive exam.
- Gather subjective and objective data. Have an Assessment and Plan of Care.
- Differentiate between variations of normal and abnormal assessment findings. Including a list of differential diagnosis.
- Select and use the appropriate tools and tests necessary for a comprehensive assessment.
- Reflect on personal strengths, limitations, beliefs, prejudices, and values.
- Develop strong communication skills.
- Interview the patient to elicit subjective health information about her health history.
- Ask relevant follow-up questions to evaluate patient condition.
- Demonstrate empathy for patient perspectives, feelings, and sociocultural background.
- Identify opportunities to educate the patient.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment (include unit 2 Assignment), please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA Progression
APA 671 words