Sociology of the Family
16 questions 150 words each
- Define ”theory.” List and briefly describe the seven theories that are common in the study of families.
- Describe the specific types of marriage patterns found around the world.
- Describe how slavery shaped African American families in colonial America.
- Write about female genital cutting. Be sure to include the different types, why it is practiced, and its consequences.
- Compare and contrast the four (4) theoretical explanations for poverty.
- Discuss and describe the evidence that shows that racism exists in the U.S.
- Write an essay about same-sex intimate relationships. Be sure to compare and contrast (1) same-sex and heterosexual relationships, and (2) gay and lesbian relationships.
- Compare and contrast male and female sexual scripts in the U.S., and include a discussion of the double standard.
- Describe, using data from your text, the change in marriage rates over recent decades. Be sure to include racial and ethnic differences.
- Describe the history and current trends in racial and ethnic intermarriage. Be sure to discuss attitudes and well as behaviors.
- Describe the historical fluctuation in fertility rates in the U.S. What might account for these fluctuations?
- An increasing number of people are childfree.Write an essay about infertility and the voluntary childfree.
- Describe the recession in the U.S. and be sure to discuss its by-products, such as unemployment, low wages, and nonstandardized work schedules.
- Describe the challenges of juggling work and family. Be sure to include the concepts of work-family conflict, role overload, spillover, and describe differences in leisure.
- Discuss dating violence, sexual aggression, and rape. Be sure to discuss the research describing frequency, reporting, and date rape drugs.
- A common question is, ”Why do women stay in abusive situations?” How would you answer this question? Be sure to discuss the shelter movement in your answer.
16 mins ago
Southern New Hampshire bookmark sociology of contemporary social problems
apa 2917 words