NO plagiarism , No hard grammar .use only 3 outside sources new ones.
the topics will be about gun control and mental issue related to guns . and government legalization for guns.
For this assignment, you will be tasked with locating, reading, and evaluating sources. You will also meditate on and draft a reflection of your research process.
1) First you will locate 3 decent sources on your topic. The sources you locate should be examples of public writing, similar to the kinds of articles we have been reading in class. Try to choose a variety of sources for how they help you learn about your topic and the problems associated with it. These sources might include newspaper articles, magazine articles, government sponsored studies, or even an individual chapter in a book. You may choose a website or blog post from a credible source. Locate each source by using the internet or a library database. You will spend enough time with these sources to write a 1-3 sentence overview of them (This source is about …). You will be evaluated on whether these articles are substantial, credible, and on the same narrowed topic..
2) Then you will choose the 2 sources on which to focus in your Source Evaluation Essay. As you decide which sources to focus on, ask yourself the following questions:
Are they “meaty” or substantial
- in length and perspectives (such as a feature article in a newspaper or magazine) or
- in breadth or depth of research (such as a government report)
- In depth of research (such as a newspaper expose)
3) Read each of your 2 best sources at least one time. Knowing these sources well will prepare you for Project IV. Revise the 1-3 sentence overview you wrote for this source. Make sure it captures the thesis and purpose of the whole article or source.
Then for each source, you will write one good-sized paragraph that describes what kind of source it is and considers its rhetorical situation—audience, publication venue, author. To write this paragraph, you will need to know what kind of publication the source came from (a news magazine for general readers; a trade journal for practicing nurses; a website aimed at cancer patients). Be sure you answer the following questions: who is the author (and what qualifications does the author have); who published the source; what is the purpose of this publishing venue; what biases or slants might be connected to this purpose; and, most importantly, who is the audience of this publication venue (and hence the audience of the article). This paragraph on rhetorical context may also consider the conversations in which the source is engaged; the main types of evidence the source employs (research studies, first-hand accounts, etc.); the stylistic and genre conventions of the source; the ways the author accommodates or appeals to his/her audience.
4) Write the Source Essay (see checklist below for what to include).
Checklist for Source Essay:
In general, the format for this assignment is up to you. For example, you may use section or subject headings to help your reader navigate between the overview, your research process, and your source analyses. The following components are required.
- The first two paragraphs should contain an overview of the topic—cite and quote from your sources when necessary—and your interests in the topic.
- A third paragraph will describe your research process. What search terms did you use? What worked and how did you change your plan based upon your initial searches? Did you need to narrow or broaden your topic?
- Much of the essay will be the write-up and analysis of your sources (#3 above).
- Include a conclusion paragraph that draws connections among the sources telling me how they work together to give you a better sense of your final paper topic. What kinds of sources might you still need to locate? What gaps in knowledge about your topic exist that future research could fill?
- Your paper must have a bibliography page for the three sources, which will constitute both the works you have referred to in your essay and a brief bibliography on your topic. The bibliography page will appear at the end of the assignment. It is here that you will include the sentences for all 3-5 sources (see #1 above).
Note: The length of the assignment is flexible, but the total number of pages should be no less than 3.
APA 1316 words