Listen to a popular podcast and write up an analysis
Before we start to work on video content, we’re going to look at, and create audio content. Your first analysis will be to listen to a popular podcast and write up an analysis that answers the following 5 questions:
- What’s the audience and how does the caster appeal to/create for that audience?
- From listening to one or two episodes of the podcast, what are the tropes and trends you notice? In other words, how is this podcast structured?
- Think about the production value and the use of sound. What does the podcast do to be not just listenable but entertaining?
- How does the podcast use time? This relates in ways to 2 and 3 above, but it’s important to think about any places where the cast either drags or moves too quickly (and, relatedly, how the hosts/creators fix that so that it doesn’t continue)
- Every podcast with an audience is doing something special. So what is the podcast you’re analyzing doing that makes it unique, elite, popular or otherwise engaging? What’s the secret to success?
Each criterion will be worth 2 points of your final total for the assignment.
You can select any podcast that you like as long as it conforms to the following two criteria:
- It has to have at least 100 reviews on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher
- Episodes have to be at least 30 minutes long
These are to be the equal of 1000 words (4 pages), but you may script yourself and record these as Vlogs (or stream them).
Streaming Analysis 1: Podcast
The podcast selected is titled “Transforming the family business by using technology” and is regarding a speaker who encourages the listeners on matters about the family business. The audience is probably any person who has insight and endeavor to expand their business or the family business. Furthermore, the audience may be any group of individuals who want to set up a business. This is because the caster concentrates on the matters related to the growth and development of a business. The other audience that may be associated with this talk is the customers of the mentioned business. Most of the business talks are oriented towards the……………
APA 1146 words