Why do students in the United States tend to under-perform in math and science
- Why do students in the United States tend to under-perform in math and science
Once you have chosen your topic, examine the various theories of human development learned in the course and choose one or two that best assist you in understanding the issues involved in your topic. In your assignment address the following:
- Identify some of the major domains of human development and how they are impacted.
- Examine the physical, biological, emotional, cognitive, and/or social factors that are affected.
- Identify the stages of development that are affected and describe the cultural and historical perspectives of partitioning the lifespan that influence the interpretations of the available data on the topic.
- Describe the influences of family, culture, and environment and the roles they play.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- You may use the introduction you developed during the Week Four assignment or a revised version if changes are deemed necessary.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Conclude with an answer to the selected question. Did the evidence you surveyed answer the question satisfactorily?
- Include an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the available evidence.
- Illustrate how each source fits specific sections of your Final Paper. The goal is to demonstrate that supporting evidence exists for statements that are made in the paper.
- If possible, suggest the course that future research should take if answers to the selected question are deemed less than conclusive.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, all of which must come from the Ashford University Library or Google Scholar.
Preview of the answer…
Students in the United States should perform much better in Math and Science than students in other countries because math and science are important in solving daily life problems. Virtually all careers necessitate skills learnt in math and science. Besides, the country is very well endowed with all resources necessary. Using various theories of human development, this essay will attempt to aid in a better comprehension of this issue.
In the spring of 2007, approximately nineteen thousand students from vigilantly selected school districts all over the country took part in the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study, popularly abbreviated as TIMSS. Every four years, the study attempts to assess the science and math skills of eighth and fourth graders..
2165 words APA