Based on your knowledge from a past or present job, explain the difference between a group and a team. Would you say you were a part of a group or a team while working in that job?
Now, identify a team that you were a part of and describe the advantages that you derived from being a member of the team. Include responses to the following:
- Would you characterize your role as effective? How could you have been a better team member?
- What role(s) did you or the leader play in making the team effective? How could the leader have made the team more effective?
Write your initial response in a minimum of 200–300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Beginning Saturday, January 17, 2015, post your responses to the appropriate
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read all posts from your peers.
- Respond to feedback on your post and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course reading, academic and trade journals, company websites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions of others; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences.
- Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and organized; demonstrates ethical scholarship through accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.