Understanding and Countering Terrorism
CO-1: Describe the psychological and behavioral factors of terrorism.
CO-2: Categorize means of communication and influence they have upon advancing terrorist narratives.
CO-3: Summarize psychological and behavioral factors within al Qaeda leadership and affiliate groups.
CO-4: Compare and contrast radicalization models that explain terrorist motivations.
CO-5: Summarize behavioral and psychological factors associated with disengaging from terrorism.
A fundamental issue established at the outset of this course is the fact that becoming involved in terrorist activities is a process, where numerous factors can affect the mindset and actions of an individual. We have covered many of these issues and influences, so concerning this matter, relay what you feel are those psychological and behavioral factors that have the greatest impact on the radicalization of an individual. Conversely, what efforts do you feel might be effective in countering them?
- The body of your report is to be five pages in length (points will be deducted if the minimum page requirement is not met) and is to contain the following:
- An introduction, conveying what the report is about
- A main body, containing the “meat” of the report, where you provide the requested information
- A conclusion, summarizing the content of the report clearly and concisely
- Include an appropriate title page
- Typewritten in double-spaced, Verdana 12-poin
- Utilize resources provided to you throughout the course to support your work. However, such information is to supplement your work, not replace or serve as the major part of it. Therefore, assignments will be automatically submitted for review through Turnitin and will be graded in accordance with the writing assignment grading rubric. An originality report of 25% or less (excluding reference list) is considered acceptable; however, a report exceeding this number will result in points being deducted from your score. In other words, freely utilize appropriate sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly, but be mindful of excessive direct quotes and other cited sources. I am looking for your own thoughts, comments, and opinions here.
- Sources utilized are to be cited in accordance with the Turabian writing style by providing a general parenthetical citation (reference the author, year and page number) within your report, as well as an adjoining reference list