Locating Innovative Ideas
Deliverable 3 – Locating Innovative Ideas You recently obtained your BSN degree and began work in the cardiovascular progressive care unit at a 900 bed Magnet Hospital serving a densely populated urban center in the Northeastern United States. The hospital has received past awards for technological innovation in cardiac care with the use of virtual surgery consults, quality and safety with pharmacy robots and client education with a digital repository of resources supplemented with videos, evidence based recommendations and links to social media health and wellness groups.
Recently the healthcare organization launched a “Renovate and Innovate” campaign including a competition among all employees to identify the next technological innovation for purchase.
Rules of the campaign stated:
- All employees from all departments are eligible to participate.
- Groups can submit suggestions but must include names of all participating.
- All suggestions must be submitted in an email titled “Renovate and Innovate” no later than Friday, October 31st at 7 pm.
- Each employee may not submit more than one idea so think carefully.
- The idea must impact the facility in at least one of these key areas: financial savings, improved client outcomes, improved staff performance.
- The idea can be a new idea not currently in use or an idea to renovate and improve an existing innovative practice.
- The winning participant or team will receive a $5,000 cash bonus.
Compose an email to a teammate to brainstorm innovative ideas for the healthcare facility’s
“Renovate and Innovate” campaign including:
- Two internal sources for innovative ideas related to financial savings, improved client outcomes or improved staff performance
- Two external sources for innovative ideas related to financial savings, improved client outcomes or improved staff performance
The idea of researching innovative ideas seems overwhelming, so you and a teammate decided to collaborate. Each of you will take a week and identify external and internal sources for innovative ideas which you will share via email.
Subject: Masters Nursing
apa 627 words