For this discussion, you are not required to make an initial post. However, if you see there are few initial posts, you are encouraged to begin a discussion thread. You must post to this discussion on at least four separate days of the week and your posts must total at least 600 words.
the Stephen Brookfield Critical Thinking video, and This is Water by David Foster Wallace video. Ask yourself, “Is there a difference between my perception of reality and reality itself?” Respond to this question while considering the following:
- What preconceptions do I have in my life that might distort my vision of reality (i.e., create cognitive biases)? To help guide your thinking, consider how Dr. Stephen Brookfield’s preconceptions distorted his vision of reality in theStephen Brookfield Critical Thinking video or think about the situation of the prisoners in the cave or Wallace’s analysis of the supermarket.
- What are steps I can take to overcome my distorted vision so that I might learn to understand more about the world?
- Who has enhanced my knowledge of reality?
- Who has manipulated my mind in relation to reality?
- How can I break free from the bonds of those who seek to manipulate me?
You must post to this discussion on at least four separate days of the week and your posts must total at least 600 words as you address the questions noted above.
preview of the answer..
The preconception that I have in my life that might distort my vision of reality is created by cognitive biases. According to Mr. Stephen Brookfield’s perception, his vision of reality the situation of prisoners in the cave is seen as an assumption to others. As a reader and a teacher, I value articles that introduce me to what I am going to be reading in the context. Critical thinking is easily applicable to such content since it introduces us to the basics that identify the frame of thinking and determine our lateral actions. It also enables us to check out the degree to which our assumptions are precise and applicable. These ideas are predetermined in different perspectives and an informed action is taken …
596 words APA