Walmart Analysis for Leadership Final Paper
- Read the Walmart Expands Again in India—But Still Not Able to Open Consumer Stores to Consumer Detriment (Links to an external site.) article.
- Read Chapter 16.1 in Northouse and review the GLOBE’s nine dimensions of culture located in the same chapter of your course text.
- Read the MBA Program Case Study.
- Review the Walmart Case Study interactive below.
In the first half of the assignment, you will prepare for Walmart to operate in a foreign market. You will need to analyze at least two leadership models and/or styles to determine which one will be more suitable for leading employees and for responding to stakeholders in a country outside of North America. Determine the leadership competencies that would be beneficial to you as a leader in the selected foreign market. You will choose either Peru, New Zealand, Philippines, Egypt, Czech Republic, or the United Arab Emirates for your analysis. You will also need to compare the concepts of cultural leadership according to how they can be applied in the country that you have selected. You must also determine the leadership skills and practices that should be used in order to foster team and organizational success.
In the second half of the assignment, you will conduct an analysis of the country that you have decided to expand operations into. The analysis must include the rationale for country selection based upon demographic and economic data. Lastly, the analysis should inform leadership about the country’s culture based upon GLOBE’s nine dimensions of culture as argued in Northouse (2018). Incorporate each of the nine dimensions of culture in an analysis that will be hypothetically presented to Walmart leadership. When utilizing the nine dimensions, current information about the culture of the selected country must be utilized. The purpose of this preliminary analysis is to make sure that the leadership team understands the complexities of expanding into the country that you have selected. The paper should be eight to ten pages and include five scholarly references.
In your paper,
- Analyze the demographic and economic data of a country that Walmart is currently not operating in.
- Conduct an analysis for Walmart leadership about the country’s culture based upon the GLOBE’s nine dimensions of culture.
- Explain how Walmart’s leadership skills and practices may lead to organizational success.
- Formulate a model of cultural and ethical leadership as it applies to Walmart at a global level.
The Walmart Analysis for Leadership Final Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Answer preview for the paper on “Read the Walmart Expands Again in India—But Still Not Able to Open Consumer Stores to Consumer Detriment article”………………………
Walmart is a multinational retail company which is American by origin and operates a series of grocery and departmental stores. The headquarters of the company are located in Arkansas. Sam Walton built the company from 1962 and incorporated in 31st October 1969. The corporation also runs and owns Club warehouses. From records dating 31st October 2019 wall mart holds and manages 11,438 clubs and stores in twenty-seven countries across the globe under fifty-five different names. Walmart is the companies name of the operation in Canada and the United States. Other names corr4spond to various countries which include Walmart de…………….
APA 2533 words