What are some potential consequences to an infant born into poverty? Physically, emotionally and socially?
Week 2 Topic:
“POVERTY AND IT’S EFFECT ON INFANT DEVELOPMENT”
Research shows that the effects of poverty can impact the growth of the brain in infants. With over half of America’s infants classified as living in or near poverty, we have a responsibility to be aware of and make a change for these issues.
Read the Caring Connections section on page 134 and conduct your own research before answering these questions related to the effect of poverty on infant development:
- What are some potential consequences to an infant born into poverty? Physically, emotionally and socially?
- What are some things parents can do to combat the effect of poverty on infant development?
- There are many resources available to families in a low socioeconomic status to aid in strong infant development. What is one of those in your community?
- Do you see any barriers to access for these services?
resources/516-poverty-s- effect-on-infants-and- toddlers-infographic
2. Your initial post (your response to the topic) must contain a citation. It is your ideas supported by research. Please refer to the APA Power Point in the Start Here section of the classroom for information on proper formatting. There will be a deduction of 20 points for failure to cite a source within your initial post and to provide a reference at the end of your initial post.
- 3. Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words
Requirements: 300 words | .doc file
Answer preview for the “What are some potential consequences to an infant born into poverty? Physically, emotionally and socially?” essay………………