What conclusions can be drawn for each quality measure over the 5-year period?
You have been tasked with displaying Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) hospital quality measures data for a 5-year period on four quality measures at your site. After examining the data, identify trends and determine the best way to present the actionable information to stakeholders.
Create a 15 slide PowerPoint presenting the data to the stakeholders. Address the following in your PowerPoint:
- What conclusions can be drawn for each quality measure over the 5-year period?
- What trends do you see for each quality measure over the 5-year period?
- When comparing each quality measure, is the quality measure better than, worse than, or no different from the national benchmark over time?
- Based on your examination of the data, which of the quality measures should you prioritize and why?
- Develop a quality improvement metric and related measures to improve care processes, outcomes, and the patient experience relating to the identified area of opportunity.
- Explain how you would monitor the metric and use collected data for improvement.
Include a title slide, references slide, and comprehensive speaker notes.
Use 5 APA reference within 5years with nursing content.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Resources: Explore the Talking Quality: Reporting to Consumers on Health Care Quality page of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website.
Read “Medicare Initiatives Improve Hospital Care, Patient Safety,” by Conway, from The Hospitalist (2015).
Answer preview for the “What conclusions can be drawn for each quality measure over the 5-year period?” essay…………..