Critical Analysis of the article “What Bullets do to Bodies” by Jason Fagone
What to Do
Write a critical analysis of one of the pieces listed below:
- “Hecho en América,” Jeanne Marie Laskas, http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-issues/201110/illegal-immigration-issue-blueberry-fruit-farmers-gq-october-2011?printable=true (Links to an external site.)
- “The Devastating Costs of the Amazon Gold Rush,“ Donovan Webster, http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/The-Devastating-Costs-of-the-Amazon-Gold-Rush.html?c=y&story=fullstory (Links to an external site.)
- “What Bullets Do to Bodies” Jason Fagone, http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/gun-violence/ (Links to an external site.)
- “Buy the Right Thing,” Amanda Hess, http://www.good.is/post/buy-the-right-thing (Links to an external site.)
- “Eden: A Gated Community,” William Langewiesche, http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/print/1999/06/eden-a-gated-community/304919/ (Links to an external site.)
In your writing your critical analysis, address these questions:
What is the author’s purpose? How does this writer use literary techniques, rhetorical methods, and/or arrangement to highlight his or her themes and persuasively present his or her argument? Also, in what ways can you either extend the argument(s) found in the text or undercut/limit them?
- 1000 words in correct MLA format. (Times New Roman 12pt font, 1” margins, double-spaced, indented paragraphs).
- Failure to meet these format requiremtent will result in a deduction of 10 points.
- You can revise and resubmit your essay up until the due date.