What is the impact of crime on the businesses and economic life in the neighborhood?
You can watch the documentary Catching Hell in the City of Angels (2013) by using the link below. The documentary focuses on the Imperial Courts, a neighborhood in Los Angeles. Please check for the requirements of the assignment. The questions are to guide you, and you are by no means limited to them; feel free to include other points you observe in the documentary, and please try to make connections with the subject of the course.
- What are the socio-economic conditions of the Imperial Courts?
- What is the impact of drugs and criminal networks on crime?
- Why do people become drug-dealers or get involved in crime? Please use one of the theories (the one that you think best explains crime causality) from the textbook (Chapter 3: The Search for Causes).
- What is the impact of crime on the businesses and economic life in the neighborhood?
- Why people join gangs? What are the advantages?
- Do the residents seem like living in a vicious circle of crime?
- The essay will be double-spaced, written in font size 12, Arial, Times New Roman, or Calibri fonts, minimum three, maximum four pages (excluding the bibliography page) in length. No cover page is needed.
- Over 40% of similarity based on the Turnitin report will be considered plagiarism, and the student will be reported. It would be best if you used quotation marks for direct quotations from the textbook or other sources (“…”). If you paraphrase a sentence or paragraph, you should still provide information about the source.
- Submission must be in DOC or DOCX formats only. Canvas cannot open submissions in *pages format.
- You must try to answer all questions provided to you for the assignment. However, you must incorporate your answers into your essay rather than answering them one by one with numbers.
- This assignment is a reflection paper rather than a research paper, and for this reason, I do not require you to benefit from other sources. The textbook would suffice. You can refer to the textbook (e.g., “As mentioned on page 140 of the textbook” would be enough), and no scientific citation is required. However, if you benefit from additional sources, please cite them properly (MPA or APA styles are accepted) to avoid plagiarism; and have a bibliography section at the end of your essay.
- You are expected to present the content, critically analyze it, and reflect on the new information you gained while connecting the issues to the course’s themes. Please provide some theoretical information about the subject (from the textbook), especially the theory’s main assumptions. Your paper must be well-organized (with an introduction, main body, and conclusion sections, though it is unnecessary to separate them with different titles). It must be written in a professional and academic language (e.g., no use of contractions) that applies the grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules (You may benefit from MS-Word’s language-check feature).
- Please feel free to incorporate your views as well. You may use ‘I-statements’ when sharing your opinion.
Requirements: 4 pages
Subject: Criminal Justice
Textbook) Frank Schmalleger. Criminal
Justice Today: An Introductory Text for the
21st Century (Fifteenth Edition)
documentary access link:
Answer preview “What is the impact of crime on the businesses and economic life in the neighborhood?” essay………………
apa 1603 words