Harley Davidson Case Questions
Read the Harley Davidson case study in chapter 1 of International Business: The New Realities, 4th edition. Then answer the following questions found also at the end of the case study:
- What is the nature of the international business environments Harley faces? What types of risks does the firm face? What recommendations do you have to mitigate these risks?
- How can Harley Davidson benefit from expanding abroad? What types of advantages can the firm obtain? What advantages acquired abroad can help Harley improve its performance in its home market (what synergies exist or are gained from expansion)?
- How can Harley effectively compete with rivals from Japan and Europe? What strategies should management apply to grow the firm’s sales in those regions?
- Competitors such as Lifan and Zongshen are beginning to emerge from China, where they enjoy competitive advantages like low-cost labor, extensive experience with emerging markets, and their home country’s support. How can Harley compete against such firms? What regulatory and compliance requirements exist for hiring and managing of foreign or remote employees? Should Harley aggressively pursue emerging markets such as Brazil, China, and India? If so, what strategies will help Harley Davidson succeed in those markets?
- Evaluate Harley’s environmental sustainability initiatives in the evolving regulatory environment on global greenhouse gas. What advantages does Harley gain by attempting to produce environmentally safe and sustainable products?
When writing your paper, be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Four to six pages in length, organized, and well-written in conformity with CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Support your answers using four to six peer reviewed articles/professional sources in addition to the textbook.
- Include a title page, section headers, introduction, conclusion, and reference page.
Review the Critical Thinking grading rubric found below to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
13 hours ago
Colorado State University Business
apa 1689 words