What makes Christianity and Islam (and also Buddhism) so “sticky” as “religions of the world?”
Christianity and Islam, along with Buddhism, are considered “missionary” religions that have spread beyond geographic, ethnic, and nationalistic boundaries.
- Submit a short essay (2-3 pages plus references) on the widespread appeal of Christianity and Islam.
- Address the question: What makes Christianity and Islam (and also Buddhism) so “sticky” as “religions of the world?”
WRITING REQUIREMENTS (APA FORMAT)
- 2-3 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- Cite at least 2-3 outside sources (references)
ASSESSMENT AND GRADING
Learning Outcome(s): 4, 6
- Examine key features of religions.
- Compare and contrast the primary beliefs held by major religious traditions and the cultures in which these religions evolved.
- ‘Jesus Tomb’ Controversy Rages as Archaeologists Explore Another 2,000-Year-Old Tomb (website) https://abcnews.go.com/International/jesus-tomb-controversy-rages-archeologists-explore-2000-year/story?id=16111993
- Authentication and Conflict in Religious Belief? (YouTube video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGHJpWZFa0
- The Historical Jesus – John Dominic Crossan (video) https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2t3h8p
- Who was Jesus – John Dominic Crossan and N.T. Wright (YouTube video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEgCLv7i8uQ
- Jesus Before the Gospels – Bart Ehrman (PBS video) https://www.pbs.org/video/nc-bookwatch-bart-ehrman-jesus-gospels/
- Jesus Christ as Ancestor: an African Christian Understanding (website) http://www.scielo.org.za/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0259-94222009000100007
- The Author of the Bible Revealed! And it’s you (website) https://bulletin.equinoxpub.com/2010/12/the-author-of-the-bible-revealed/
- Office Hours with Bruce Lawrence on Teaching Islam (YouTube video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOcBSgOd0Jg
- Islamic Civilization by Prof. Bruce B. Lawrence (YouTube video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydAlttnXzmk
- The Prophet Muhammad and the Origins of Islam (website) https://www.metmuseum.org/learn/educators/curriculum-resources/art-of-the-islamic-world/unit-one/the-prophet-muhammad-and-the-origins-of-islam
- The History of the Qurʾān (695 page PDF eBook, be patient as it loads) http://www.almuslih.org/Library/N%C5%8Dldeke,%20T%20-%20History%20of%20the%20Qur%E2%80%99an.pdf
look after grammar and text flow my professor is strict on this
Answer preview “What makes Christianity and Islam (and also Buddhism) so “sticky” as “religions of the world?” essay……………..
apa 960 words