Hamlet Act IV
Literary Assignment 2
Why doesn’t Hamlet kill Claudius when he has opportunities to do so? This is the major question that runs through the play.
Five delay theories have been analyzed:
- He is too intellectual; thinks too much about what to do
- He is too melancholy: death has made him too sad to act
- He is a coward: he is weak-willed
- Oedipus Complex: he is in love with his mother and doesn’t want to hurt her
- “Rank and Grossness”: Denmark is so poisoned that it has turned him mad and unable to act
Based on your reading to Act IV, which delay theory best explains Hamlet’s inability to act?
- State one Delay theory from above:
- State two reasons you can provide evidence to support theory:
III. Locate two scenes from the play to support reasons in question II –cite directly Act, scene, lines—then explain.
- Why is this theory a better one than the other four noted? Analyze well.
6 hours ago
Los Angeles Pierce College
Find the act online,
ave it but I found this link to act IV online check if it helps
apa 726 words