Why was the UCC created? Specifically, what are the objectives that the UCC is intended to meet?
Assignment Ch. 12
The Uniform Commercial Code, or UCC, helped to streamline contract law for merchants. As a paralegal, many of the contracts you will be dealing with are governed by the UCC so it is important to understand what this Code is and what it does. In this assignment, you’ll explore the UCC to consider how and why it was created and how it will impact your understanding of contracts.
- Review the unit’s required readings.
- In a new post, answer the following questions:
- Why was the UCC created? Specifically, what are the objectives that the UCC is intended to meet?
- Do you think it is valuable for states? For merchants? Why or why not?
- As a paralegal, how will knowing the objectives of the UCC be valuable in your practice?
Assignment Ch. 14
Even when clients don’t have a lot of money, or children, or even a spouse, they can still benefit from the help of a paralegal and the estate-planning team in getting advance directives in place. Most clients, however, are not familiar with the different types of directives and look to the legal team for explanation. For this assignment, you will discuss how to explain to a client the different types of advance directives.
Jason and Willow have been a couple for 22 years, but they never married. Jason has just learned that he has a heart problem that will require surgery and long-term follow-up care. He has come to your firm to have a will prepared. He also thinks he might need other documents that will help give Willow authority to take care of his finances and make medical decisions for him if needed.
- Review the scenario.
- Your supervising attorney has asked you to explain to the client a little about advanced directives. Since you are just giving some preliminary information and the attorney will be the one to give the client legal advice, this is not the unlawful practice of law.
- Discuss what types of advance directives Jason might need.
- What would you tell him might happen if he becomes incapacitated and doesn’t have an advanced directive.
Requirements: MLA | Discussion | 2 pages, Double spaced
Answer preview “Why was the UCC created? Specifically, what are the objectives that the UCC is intended to meet?” essay…………….
apa 994 words