Responses to Xu and Zhang
Just for the free response part (100-150 words)
7 mins ago
Please choose one of the following questions and react to it briefly.
When you submit answer, please begin by pasting the question you are responding to in the text field. Then write your answer below.
Discussion question options:
- Would the US be better off with a viable third party candidate in the 2020 presidential election? Why? What would that candidate stand for? If not, why would this be bad?
- How much power should the voters in a party have over who the presidential nominee is for that party? How much power should party elites have? Do you think party elites should have had more or less power in deciding the nominee in 2016 and 2020 (for both Democrats and Republicans)?
- Do you think that increasing partisan polarization is harmful for the United States? Why? If not, why not?
7 mins ago
Here are some sources you may want to take a look at:
- American GovernmentChapter 9: Political Parties (Links to an external site.) https://openstax.org/books/american-government-2e/pages/9-introduction
- Friedersdorf, Conor. “How the Party Decided on Trump(Links to an external site.).” The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/how-gop-influencers-cued-voters-to-choose-donald-trump/480294/
apa 288 words