Write an essay on Health Promotion for the Hispanic Population
Select an ethnic minority group that is represented in the United States (American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander).Health Promotion for the Hispanic Population. Using health information available from Healthy
People, the CDC, and other relevant government websites, analyze the health status
for this group.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, compare and contrast the health status of your
selected minority group to the national average. Include the following:
1. Describe the ethnic minority group selected. Describe the current health
status of this group. How do race and ethnicity influence health for this
2. What are the health disparities that exist for this group? What are the
nutritional challenges for this group?
3. Discuss the barriers to health for this group resulting from culture,
socioeconomics, education, and sociopolitical factors.
4. What health promotion activities are often practiced by this group?
5. Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion
prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely to be the most
effective in a care plan given the unique needs of the minority group you
have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most effective
6. What cultural beliefs or practices must be considered when creating a care
plan? What cultural theory or model would be best to support culturally
competent health promotion for this population? Why?
APA 1364 words