Write an outline and then turn into a speech
I have attached my Persuasive Speech topics. Please pick one of the topics that best interests you and follow the outline the rubric attached below. Also, after the outline please turn the outline into a speech. Assignment directions are also provided below.
Persuasive Speech Topic:
- It is right to deny gay and lesbian couples the right to adopt children: Although gay couples’ legal right to marry has been settled, their right to adopt has not been. While there are no barriers to gay adoption in several states, other jurisdictions put up various legal obstacles. The arguments against same sex couple adoptions fall into two categories: such adoptions are wrong as a matter of principle and they are wrong because they aren’t good for children. The principle opposition to gay adoption is that children are entitled to their biological parents who are of the opposite sex. This argument claims that since children are conceived by a man and a woman, children are therefore entitled to a mother and father. This position rules out both single parent adoptions and adoptions by same sex couples. Opponents of same sex adoption present stories of adults who were raised in adoptive homes who say they were harmed because they had only one sex as their role model. No doubt some of these individuals are rightfully aggrieved, but the question is whether the harm they felt was worse than that experienced by other adoptees. There the evidence is scant. For many, if not most, being adopted creates psychological tensions that are absent in those who were raised by their biological parents. But the major groups concerned with children’s health do no oppose gay adoptions because evidence points decisively that being raised by same sex couples is not detrimental to a child’s well being. Adoptions should be guided by what is best for the child—the empirical consideration of whether the home is loving and stable. These are the necessary and sufficient qualifications.
- Tuition should be reduced for those students who maintain an A average during the previous year: Students who are doing academically well the previous year should be rewarded for their good sustainment. With lower tuition costs they will try to achieve for higher education so the tuition will get lower. Being a good student in my academic career I would enjoy paying low tuition to be able to continue to get to where I want to be.
- Examinations must be replaced with other assessment forms: Examinations cause a lot of anxiety to students and assessments would be a better way to relief stress. Also, the word assessments might seem a great word to the students ear rather than examinations because students tend to stress out about it. I always get anxiety when I hear the word examination because I feel like it is a life or death matter and need to do extremely well to pass the class
- Write a *full sentence* (not bullet points, not paragraphs) outline for your Persuasive Speech. Be sure it conforms to the outline requirements and format guidelines described in your Success Handbook and in Chapter 13 of your textbook.
- Paste your outline into the discussion thread here, (do not simply attach a document file!), then respond to AT LEAST TWO of your fellow classmates’ outlines, by responding to the questions below.
- You will not see your classmates’ posts, until after you have posted your own.
- Be sure your own outline is complete and formatted properly enough that your fellow students can look at it and offer you helpful feedback on your speech structure.
- Once you have their feedback, you can edit your outline and begin rehearsing your speech.
speech 101 Outline&Essay description 1 pages, Single Spacing
APA 914 words