Choose only ONE of the following:
THE MIDTERM SHOULD BE DOUBLE-SPACED AND TYPED!
- Write a Science Fiction short story (minimum 3 pages) about a day on the Moon for a futuristic astronaut who must FACE A DIFFICULT CHALLENGE. Use at least THREE pieces of real science that you have learned in the class.
- Write a fictional pair of one-page letters, one from Johannes Kepler to Galileo Galilei, and the other a response back from Galileo, discussing Astronomy. Use ideas learned in class!
- Suppose you make friends with a student taking an Astronomy class on another planet in our Solar System. Write a pair of one page letters, one from you to him or her (or it!), and one from him or her (or it!) back to you, discussing what is different and what is the same about what you see in the sky between here and there, and why those things are different from (or the same as) what we see on Earth. You both need to discuss what you see in the sky from your planet (stars, constellations, planets, the Sun, etc.), what days, years and seasons are like on your planet, etc.
- Write a brief (3-4 pages MAXIMUM) original Astronomy homework assignment using the Stellarium software. It must explore some astronomical idea we have discussed in class.
- Read the following 100 year-old article on the Future of Astronomy by Edward Pickering, from a 1909 issue of “Popular Science”:http://tinyurl.com/ya7a4gjand write a two-page paper describing what Pickering got RIGHT about the future of Astronomy, and what he got WRONG.
preview of the answer..
The moon is seen to be an extension of the territory of the humans and the prospects of visiting the moon continue to increase as technological advances are made. Visiting the moon is an eye opening experience as there are various opportunities that one can use to enlighten and educate the others that have no chance of visiting. There are myths that people continue to advance and the visit to the moon tries to prove the realities and the fiction that we have learnt.
One of the myths is that the moon sets and rises like the sun but this is not the case as sun and the moon do not set and rise as trick that causes the setting and rising is the rotation of the earth. It is so because the earth rotates around and the..
APA 971 words