Analyzing Interview Data Conduct Short Interviews
Analyzing Interview Data
Your Learning Activity last week was to conduct short interviews with two participants, audio recording the interviews. This week, you are to go through the steps to analyze the interviews.
You are not expected to be an expert at analyzing qualitative data in one short week, however by going through the steps you can get a really good idea of what qualitative analysis is about.
The following steps will help you in your analysis:
- Transcribe the interviews
- Develop codes to help in your analysis
- Code your transcripts by hand (you do not have to hand this part in)
- Go through the transcripts multiple times to get the gist of what is being said. See Chapter 10 in Qualitative Research Methods for ideas of how to cycle through analysis passes.
- Develop a thick description of what you found out, including any insights you might have.
By Day 7, submit to this assignment.
- A document stating your topic and containing the interview protocol that you used in your interviews.
- Transcripts of your two interviews.
- A description of how did you performed the analysis.
- The codebook, or list of codes, you developed.
- A thick description (in narrative or table form) of the results of your interviews—include key quotes from your participants to support your description.
Requirements: 8 pages
Answer preview for the “Analyzing Interview Data Conduct Short Interviews” essay………………………
apa 2294 words